Privacy Notice Overview
Privacy Notice Overview
How we collect and use your information
This is an overview of:
- Who we are
- How we collect information about you
- How we use your information
- Who we will share your data with
- How long we’ll keep your information
- Securing your information
- Your rights
This Privacy Notice Overview is a summary of data protection within Great American International Insurance (UK) Limited (“Great American UK” or “We”). Should you require more information, see our full Privacy Notice.
Who we are:
This Privacy Notice describes Great American UK’s data protection practices and Data Subjects’ rights in respect of Personal Data relating to (i) Policyholders; (ii) Insureds; (iii) Claimants and (iv) Website visitors (collectively “you” or “your”).
These terms are defined in the Great American UK’s Privacy Notice.
How we collect information:
We collect information about you from different sources including:
- Directly from you
- Indirectly, such as from insurance brokers, third party agents, claims handlers, loss adjusters
- From third parties or publicly available sources, such as from publicly available sources such as Companies Registration Office and credit agencies.
- Website interactions, where Personal Data is gathered from interactions with our website or supplied by you via our website.
How we use your information:
We use your personal data to:
- Create, administer, assess and renew Policy(s), including verification of Policyholder and Insured identity and eligibility for a Policy
- To process and administer payments under Policy
- To manage our relationship with the Policyholder
- Policy underwriting
- To assess, manage, process, defend and settle claims
- To administer and protect our business
- To administer and improve Website services
We’ll only use your information where we are allowed by law and we have a legitimate legal basis for doing so.
Who we will share your data with:
Great American UK will share the Personal Data with companies within the Great American Insurance Group. This includes transfer out of the United Kingdom to the United States. This transfer will have suitable protections to ensure that Personal Data is at least as protected as it is in the UK.
From time-to-time Great American UK will share your Personal Data with unaffiliated third parties in order to process your policy or claim. These include claims handlers, loss adjusters and third-party agents, for example.
How long we’ll keep your information:
Great American UK retains Personal Data for no longer than is allowed under Data Protection Law and, in any case, no longer than such personal data is necessary for the purpose for which it was processed.
Securing your information:
Great American UK is committed to maintaining the security of Personal Data processed. It maintains appropriate physical, procedural, organisational and technical security measures intended to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of Personal Data under its control.
Where Great American UK markets data, it will only do so with the appropriate permissions from you. Great American UK will never sell your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
You have a number of rights relating to your information e.g. to see what we hold, to ask us to update incorrect or incorrect data etc.
This Privacy Notice Overview explains the use and processing of Personal Data by Great American International Insurance (UK) Limited (“Great American UK”, “we”, “us” and “our”) of 32 Queen’s Square, Bristol, UK, BS1 4ND. Registered in England No. 02714031. Great American International Insurance (UK ) Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (Reference number 202874) and is a member of the Great American Insurance Group.
Last updated: 16th September 2021